Route 66 American Overdrive is sure to become as legendary as its
namesake. With classic compression combined with classic overdrive
modeled after the sound of the original TS-808 Tubescreamer
(JRC4558 chip and all!), the Route 66 pedal gives you two great effects
for the price of one.
The two effects sound great on their own and can also be combined to
compliment one another. In fact, probably the only complaints about the
original Tubescreamer was that it did not have much sustain or bottom
end. That won't be a problem with Route 66. Just combine the overdrive
side with the compression side to get all the sustain you want. Add the
Overdrive Bass Boost and give it that big cabinet sound. If you love the
clean sound of your guitar and amp, but just want a clean boost, kick
in the compressor with the Gain knob up a bit. We've added a pre-amp
stage to the compressor to allow for a truckload of gain, with or without
overdrive. Using Route 66 American Overdrive with a good tube amp is
sure to make it sing! Classic.
Here's what to look for in the latest version:
- Thicker steel housing
- Improved Pure Tone buffer circuit
- Tone control bypass switch for Compressor so you can get those vintage Ross compressor tones if you prefer
- Increased output volume for OD channel
- Improved radio frequency protection
- Upgraded capacitors throughout pedal
- Upgraded Bass Boost switch
- Upgraded packaging
Plus all the great features you already love about Route 66:
- Overdrive and Compression on two separate channels with individual tone controls.
- Overdrive channel sounds like the original TS808 and even uses the JRC4558 op-amp.
- Unique overdrive bass boost switch.
- Compression channel can be set for fully squashed "Nashville" sound or very subtle compression.
- Compressor also has an integrated pre-amp controlled by a Gain knob so you can get loads of clean gain without overdrive
- Combine the channels to heat up leads.